Who needs a Month-to-month rental agreement?
The agreement is made between the landlord and the tenant. It stipulates the basic rights, duties, and responsibilities of the property owners and renters.
What is the purpose of the Rental agreement?
This legally binding document has all the needed information about the parties of the agreement, the amount of the monthly rent and the security deposit, the due date of the payment, the basic utilities, additional agreements between the parties.
What documents must accompany the Rental agreement?
If there are any additional agreements between the landlord and the tenant, they should be attached.
When is the Rental agreement due?
The agreement is signed when the landlord and the tenant have discussed all the issues verbally and agree upon all the sections. The estimated time for completing the agreement is 30 minutes. The copies of the rental agreement should be kept for the whole rental period.
What sections of the agreement must be filled in?
The parties are to add information to the following sections:
- Information about the owner and the renter
- Address of the real estate property
- Sum of the rent and the due date
- The utilities included in the rent (check the appropriate item)
- Failure to pay the rent (amount of the charge)
- Occupancy and subletting
- Permitted items (animals, vehicles, etc.)
- Deposits (amount of the refundable security deposit and the interest)
- Maintenance of the rental property (cost, owner’s duties, renter’s duties, additional duties)
- Destruction of the rental
- Retaliation restrictions
- Notices (vacate notices, other changes, responsibility)
- Disputes and remedies
- Condition of rental property checklist
- Additional agreements
The parties must sign and date the form as well.
What do I do with the agreement after its completion?
The agreement is signed in two copies, one for each party. The landlord and the tenant save it for their records and future reference.